Monday, January 16, 2012

My scarf is done...


My scarf is done...well, close enough anyway...for now. Okay, yes I have finished the scarf, but what I noticed when I went back to tie the loose ends, was even though the yarn was supposed to be the exact same and was when I added it, the fibers of the yarn changed textures giving it a slightly different look from the rest of the yarn. So I am not satisfied with my outcome and being the perfectionist I am, I will be going back and adding on later. Much later...because for some reason this project has been a difficult one for me. I'm not sure if it was the yarn I used or the knitting needles, but I have never had this much trouble with a project before, especially a basic scarf. Being that this is the project I chose to lead off my new blog, I find that fate very funny. Bottom line is, it is completed and I didn't give into my frustrations to unravel the whole darn thing, throw it away, or burn it. Yes I had visions of burning the sucker to ash if one more stitch was dropped. Maybe it was meant to be, to show me even through frustrations it is better to finish something I start. I have had problems with that in my life but it does give you a sense of pride to complete a project, no matter how small. To stick with it all the way to the end and not give up mid-way through. I hope any of you that decide to start knitting stick with it through the little mishaps and can feel the pride of a finished project. Hope you enjoy the pictures and as always people...stay crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment